Springtime is one of my favorite times for brunch, be it Easter or Mother’s Day. Here’s one of my families favorite, it’s quick and easy. While the pancake is in the oven, cut up the fruit. Sometimes I also serve this dish with steamed asparagus and sliced ham or Canadian bacon. I hope you enjoy.
Serving Size: 6
Serving Ideas: Squeeze fresh lemon on top, sprinkle powdered sugar on pancake. Serve with a bowl of fresh strawberries and blueberries, or any fresh fruit in season.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 6 eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk, 1% low-fat
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- Ground nutmeg
- Put all butter in a large, shallow pan (4 1/2- to 5-quart); set pan in a 425° oven. Then mix batter quickly while the butter melts.
- In a blender or food processor whirl the eggs for 1 minute on high speed. With the motor running, pour in milk; then add the flour, a spoonful at a time. When all is added, whirl 30 seconds more.
- Remove the pan from the oven. Quickly pour all the batter into the hot pan. Return to oven and back until puffy and well browned - 20 to 25 minutes. Dust with ground nutmeg. Offer choice of toppings.
To bake 2 smaller pancakes at once, use 2 shallow pans each 2-3 quarts.