The other day I was looking through Instagram at food photos and I noticed an Italian site that had great looking pictures. There I saw a lemon tart, which looked delicious. That picture was my inspiration for this Lemon Ricotta Waffle. This waffle would make a great brunch dish or a dessert. The tartness of the lemon curd that I mixed with crème fraiche goes great with this waffle. I hope you enjoy it.
Serve topped with crème fraiche mixture and fresh blueberries. Optional, sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ½ cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ½ cup crème fraiche
- ¼ cup lemon curd
- fresh blueberries, for garnish
- In a large bowl mix dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl whisk the eggs, ricotta cheese, buttermilk, whole milk, butter, lemon juice, and lemon zest.
- Pour wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until smooth.
- In a small bowl mix the crème fraiche and lemon curd, set aside.
- Cook waffle mixture in a hot waffle iron approximately 5 minutes, or until you no longer see steam.
You can store extra waffles in the fridge or freeze them separately. Then just toast them in the toaster oven to re-crisp them.