This is a version of my Stuffed Zucchini recipe, but this time I’m using portobello mushrooms.
Portobello Stuffed Mushrooms
- 2- 3 large Portobello mushrooms, cleaned, stem removed, gills removed
- 1/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- ½ cup bread cubes
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 egg
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, grated
- Clean the mushrooms and set aside. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a sauté pan, melt the butter, add the onion and sauté until transparent, add the garlic and stir a few times. Add the spinach and mix completely. Remove from heat. Add the bread cubes and mix. Add the egg and cheese and mix well. Season with the salt and pepper.
- Place the mushrooms in an oven safe dish or sheet pan. Stuff with the mixture. Top with some Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until browned and heated through.