I love smoked salmon served in many ways. This recipe is quick and easy and if you have any leftover filling it tastes good on crackers or toasted sliced sourdough bread.
Smoked Salmon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 package mushroom, stems removed
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup smoked Chinook salmon, diced
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained, rinsed, and slightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion, diced
- zest of 1/4 lemon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove some of the inside of the mushroom caps to make room for the filling. Place on an oven proof dish or sheet pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese, salmon, capers and red onion. Add the lemon zest. Fill the mushrooms and bake 10-15 minutes.