This is a great dish to make ahead and then heat & eat! You can also freeze the roll ups individually on a cookie sheet and place in freezer bag, defrost and heat when ready to serve. Feel free to customize the roll ups. Sometimes I just keep it vegetarian and only mix in veggies such as, sautéed mushrooms, onions, and cooked spinach. Other times, I add chopped prosciutto or ham. You can also sauté some ground beef and onions and add it to the cheese mixture once cooled. Be creative.
- 8-10 lasagna noodles, cooked (a little underdone, drain & rinse)
- 1 jar favorite pasta sauce (or make homemade)
- 1 (15 oz.) container Ricotta Cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated - divided
- 1 egg
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 (10 oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- In a large bowl mix all the cheeses (1/2 cup Parmesan) with the egg, garlic, and spinach. Add any additional item(s) you want.
- In a 13 x 9 pan spread a thin layer of pasta sauce (add 1-2 tablespoons of water to the sauce).
- Lay out a noodle on your work surface. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on the noodle. Roll the noodle up, and place seam side down in prepared pan. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Top with remaining sauce and remaining Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil. Bake in preheated 350°F oven for 30 minutes. Remove aluminum foil and cook an additional 15 minutes until hot and bubbly and cheese is slightly browned.
Serve these with a side green salad and some warm bread to make it a meal.