It’s fall and everything is pumpkin! Pumpkin latte, pumpkin cornbread, pumpkin spice almonds, pumpkin cookies… So to honor the pumpkin craze I’ll be sharing a very easy pumpkin waffle recipe (I have been asked to share an “easy” recipe).
To start with I used the Heart Smart Bisquick mix. I don’t usually like these types of products because they often contain trans fats, which are worse for you than saturated fats. But the Heart Smart version has no trans fat and I can live with the other ingredients.
Serving: I like to serve these waffles with chopped pecans and pure maple syrup.
- Bisquick Heart Smart pancake & baking mix.
- ½ can pumpkin puree
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat your waffle iron.
- In a bowl, follow the directions on the Bisquick box for waffles (this should make 12 4-inch waffles). Add ½ can of the pumpkin puree and the spice. Mix well.
- Pour batter into center of hot, greased waffle iron. Bake about 5 minutes or until steaming stops.