Here’s an easy dessert to go with your summer barbecue. You can use any combination of fruit you want and quickly whip up the Greek yogurt dip. I also like this as a mid-day snack.
- Any combination of fresh fruit you like, cut into chunks (I used fresh pineapple, grapes, and strawberries)
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt (I use Greek yogurt, it’s higher in protein)
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Zest from half of orange (or you could use lemon or lime)
- Wooden skewers soaked in water for half an hour
- Preheat your outdoor grill to medium high. You can also use an indoor grill pan on medium high.
- Thread the fruit onto the skewers, set aside.
- In a small bowl mix the yogurt, honey and orange zest, set aside.
- Grill the fruit kabobs on the hot grill for 2-3 minutes per side. They should be heated through and have nice grill marks.
- Serve immediately with the yogurt dip.
If you have some fresh mint, you could chop some and sprinkle on the cooked kabobs before serving.