Here’s a extremely easy meatball appetizer. You can prepare the meatballs and dip ahead, just reheat and serve.
Mexican Meatballs and Dip
- Meatballs of choice (beef, pork, chicken, turkey)
- Tomato chili dip (this can be made ahead and warmed when ready to serve)
- 1-2 red chili peppers (to taste)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- 2 tsp. sugar
- Prepare your favorite meatballs and cook until done. You can save a step and buy plain frozen meatballs, and prepare per package directions.
- While the meatballs cook, prepare the dipping sauce. In a small saucepan, heat a little bit of oil and cook the onions until softened and starting to brown. Add the chili peppers and garlic, mix and cook an additional minute. Add the tomatoes and sugar, and simmer 15 minutes. Cool slightly, and then using a blender, process to a puree. Serve with the cooked meatballs.