Will you be hosting a Super Bowl party this year or attending one? This was the year I was hoping for the Chargers to make at least the play-offs (one can hope)! Either way, I would like to share three snack ideas and a super easy sweet. Most can be prepped ahead, then reheat and garnished when ready to serve.
- Flour tortillas (burrito size)
- 1 can refried beans
- 3-4 ounces grated Mexican cheese blend
- Guacamole (store bought or homemade)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Guacamole: mash two avocadoes, add chopped red onion, diced jalapeno, 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice, and chopped fresh cilantro. Set aside.
- Using a 3-inch round cutter, cut rounds from the flour tortillas. Wrap in foil and warm in oven for 3 minutes, or until warmed.
- Mix the refried beans with the grated cheese. When tortilla rounds are warm, remove from oven, and spread a little of the bean mixture over the base of each round. Roll like a horn and place seam side down on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes, or until crisp. Remove from oven and top with the guacamole.