Lemon-Cream Cheese Tea Loaves, I like to give these as a special gift to friends and family during the holidays.
Holiday Treats! (2) Lemon-Cream Cheese Tea Loaves
- 1 8oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¾ cup milk
- 2/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until soft and creamy; gradually add 1 ¼ cups sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt; add to cream cheese mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Mix after each addition. Stir in pecans.
- Pour batter into loaf pans: if using large 8 ½-x-4 ½-x-3-inch grease and flour 2 pans. If using paper molds (found in the baking aisle) no need to grease, makes 4 small loaves. Bake 350°F for approximately 45 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, the smaller loaves may not take as much time.
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon zest, and lemon juice, stirring until smooth; pour slowly over hot loaves. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans (if using large pans, no need to remove from paper baking molds), and let cool completely on wire racks.