September can be a hectic month, especially if you have school age children with back to school activities, etc. Therefore, this month I thought I would share a “quick to the table” healthy dinner. This recipe is made up of ideas, no measuring – be creative. Also, this is a meal you can eat with your fingers – kids love it!
p.s. This is a recipe from my cookbook, Little Hands in the Kitchen.
- Butter lettuce or large spinach leaves
- Shredded or diced rotisserie chicken (or any leftover chicken, pork, or beef you have on hand, diced and fried tofu, or cooked shrimp works good too!)
- Shredded carrots (you can buy them this way!)
- Bean sprouts
- Peanuts (or nut of choice, we like cashews)
- Fresh ginger, diced
- Red onion, diced
- Jalapeno, diced (optional)
- Cilantro leaves
- Plum or teriyaki sauce, optional
- Wash lettuce or spinach leaves, drain and dry. Place in a large bowl. Have all the remaining ingredients in bowls, or arrange on a large platter.
- To eat: fill a lettuce leaf with a combination of the above ingredients, fold, eat, enjoy!